Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Ch..Ch..Changes!

I was just singing the Ella Enchanted movie version of this song.. weren't you??!  ha,ha

The changes on my Master Bedroom started last year around my birthday. I got $$ from my parents and in-laws and decided I was ready to " Lighten Up " my room!

I headed over to our Local Homegoods & TJ Maxx..Love these stores!
I was able to find lots of fun bedding and accessories within my price range!

What's even better...the stuff I liked was on clearance!
 ( I may have squealed like a little girl when I saw them.....maybe!)

Lets get to the good stuff shall we??

Before:
I love the purple and green but was ready for a change!


AFTER:

Let there be LIGHT!!


What do ya think!!! I love the blues and creams.
It makes the room look so fresh and clean.

The paisley shams have some beautiful colors in them so I thought I would add some of the olive green into the scheme with pillows.

I found these 24x24 euro sham covers at The Quilt Shop on Clearance.
Are you seeing a pattern here ..ha ha












Can you Believe it!! They were only $5.00 each ..woohoo!
Unfortunately there were on 2 left and I think my bed needs 3.

But I couldn't pass them up! So I'm saving them for another time.

These other pillows were good finds too.
Here's the run down:
Blue Shams $7.00 each-clearance
Paisley Shams $10.00 each-clearance
Cream velvet pillow $14.00
Brown Stitch pillow $14.00

The Blue quilt $39.00-clearance
The cream quilt- ?? got at Walmart a couple of years ago.

Because of my Clearance pillows I had money leftover to get some lamps!
I'm not sure this is the style I'm going for but for now they work.
Do you love the plastic on the shades.haha
Still deciding if they are too modern for my room??
They were $39.00 each. What do you think?

Oh and my very favorite purchase..Drum roll please....
The Mirror

Taaadaaa!!
Isn't it gorgeous and a good size. When I saw it in the store..
 I may have been standing there with my mouth hanging open.
(A store employee asked me if I needed help, she probable thought I was having a stroke or something).hee hee
But seriously this bad boy is 32 in. x45 in. and it was only $29.00!!!!
I know amazing!!!


Total $198.00  woohoo!
not bad for a total change

Have you done any transformations or found amazing deals lately??



4 comments:

  1. I love it! I have that exact fabric of the Euro-shams. I'd have to compare, but I'm positive it's the exact same color. I can make you a third, if you'd like. :)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be fabulous! Lets get together soon and make pillows, Yea!

      Delete
  2. So fresh and relaxing. I love those colors together. You have quite an eye for decorating, and bargain shopping. Be sure to check out the deals at "Home Again" next time your at Gardner Village. It's just up the street and even for a consignment store it has some great prices. (check out the basement for the best deals)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mirinda, I have never been to "Home Again" I will definitly check there! Thanks for the advice and for stopping by! :)

      Delete